Monday, September 17, 2012

Thoughts at the end of the day.

ORIGINALLY WRITTEN BACK IN MAY.

This blog is slowly dying. I can see it's pulse slowly fading.

Sorry about that Dad.

I'm going to try to do better; especially since Chris will be living across the world in 11 days---better keep him updated. {Riiiiiiiiight. I never wrote once. Not once. I'm an over-achiever!}

Anyway...

We did it.

We moved out of our place. (I thought we were going to die)
Chris got surgery. (It wasn't awesome. At all. Not at all. Not a little.)
We finalized  G-baby's adoption. (Can I get a Halleluja??")

Really, there have been several times that I couldn't help but throw my hands in the air and laugh out loud, because my other option was to cry like a baby because things just seemed slightly idiotic and out of control.

But here we are.

I'm sitting in our college campus sub-leased apartment, typing away. I just finished taking my last quiz for one of my classes, and if I have to take one more personality quiz for my class, I'm going to hit things.

Chris is sitting in the front room, no doubt icing his knee. It hasn't been pretty. The guy is a happy little keebler elf; but have you ever made a keebler elf immobile with a swollen appendage?? Oh man. Oh man... Let's just say this: last night he declared (maybe after I gave him "the look" and asked him not so patiently, "What is WRONG with you??" for the several-th time today), "Either I'm stoned from my pain killers and feeling loopy or I'm in pain and grumpy." Guess which kind of husband I like mooooore? 

It should be noted that when they went in to make a new ACL, they also discovered he tore his meniscus. So, he had a repair of ACL, meniscus, and then of course the patella tendon that they ripped out to manufacture a new ACL. Yuuuum. Makes you all happy and cheerful, don't it? 

Anyway.

After that happened, he actually completed his final competency oral exam. So he got to defend all that his big brain knows---- on Oxycontin. Basically, his professors let him give it a go, and then eventually patted him on the back and said, "You're a good boy, you are. But we really have no idea what you're talking about. We know you know this stuff. So we're going to pass you. Now go home and put that leg up." Ta da!!!

Go buddy.

Our life has been a whirl-wind. And as I look around this pathetic apartment, and think of all the chaos that has been life, I just laugh...

No comments:

Post a Comment