Monday, February 1, 2010

Healthy habits start in the home.

Hugh is the sweetest thing in the world.

So it's ironic that he also is such a nasty, nasty little human. He is my disgusting child. Every day. Just gross. J was never like this. He will cry if he gets dirty. Seriously. Hugh? Oh no. He thrives off of being just plain putrid.

The other day I was bathing both boys at the end of the day. We have instated a rule at our house called "NO TOUCHING DURING BATH TIME". This rule plays a vital part in bath time, actually. It sole purpose is to avoid unfortunate events such as a death in the tub by the drowning of an older sibling. You know? Stuff like that.

Unfortunately, one of my children decided to break that rule, and so tub time came to a screeching halt for him. Bummer. As I was drying off the older of the two boys, the younger one dove out of the tub face first. This act, in and of itself, was not surprising; it just happens to be the maneuver he chooses to get out of the tub.

I reached over and stood up the little fella who was squealing with delight about his evacuation. Then, turned back to the older one and finished drying him off; because really, I only have two arms. Once the first human was all dried off, I turned back around to collect the second. I was not impressed to discover that the baby human had, once again, got a hold of the toilet bowl scrubber. However, I was utterly disgusted that he was actually lapping water out of the small round bowl-holder-thingy where the toilet bowl scrubber calls home.

Not impressed at all.

7 comments:

  1. oh dear.

    i think it was the word "lapping" that did it for me.

    pardon me while i hurl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhh! i would just die if i caught tama doing this! but seeing as he's already a feisty little boy, looks like i'm going to have to prepare myself for these kinds of things! you're an awesome mom!!! love reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm throwing up right now!! I can't handle things like that. I totally freak out when my kids even go NEAR the toilet (our house is okay, but in public?!). Once, when I was little I remember finding a toothbrush under the sink and brushing my teeth with it. My mom found me and told me she used that toothbrush to clean the toilet (she was serious). My mouth has never felt clean enough..

    Hugh!! You yucky boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugh, I for one AM impressed. Impressed that your momma didn't VOMIT seeing you being so disgusting.

    It's like when I found Cardon, with a toilet plunger . . . in his mouth. . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh hey.

    feel free to blog. anytime.

    ReplyDelete