Thursday, March 22, 2012

Something about 2012

I have tried my darnedest to abolish regular blogging. Apparently, my efforts have proved fruitful...Unfortunately, I am neither an effective journal writer, and I want my kids to know that they were, indeed, alive in 2012.

In fact, the only reason I am blogging at this moment is because I've checked my email about ten times, looked at every picture of my brand new niece 37 times (WELCOME TO THE WORLD YOU BEAUTIFUL THING, YOU!), and I don't want to get off the floor to turn on some quality trash tv on Hulu. These are my general go-to ideas when I'm avoiding blogging.

My dang Philosophy book is screaming at me from across the room, but I'm taking a stance: the kids are sleeping, Chris is off making millions and I just want to sit in a vegetative state--- so stop screaming. No more from you, you mind bender, you.

I feel I have cheated this here blog. This past year has been such a whirlwind... And I've got nothing to prove for it on this space. Some day, I want to sit down and write out all of the losses that occurred through out our year and a half in adoption land, but my heart still needs to revel in the magic that is my son Grif--- someday I can display all those demons and say, "Hey. That hurt. A lot." but for today, it isn't completely past tense... just yet.

2012 is the year we are kicking butt, and taking names. I feel like this year is about accomplishing:

If it's the death of me, we will finalize our adoption. Please don't ask why it's taking us so long, and certainly don't remind us that we were supposed to finalize in January...

Ah hem.

Then, we are getting sealed in the temple. Holy moley, this can't come soon enough. Can't wait. Truth: my heart is aching to feel like all my family is together again for a moment. All four of my sons. All four.

Chris is graduating.
I am graduating.

We're moving to Bali.

And we're starting the process of bringing home our last bambino. From Ethiopia.

10 comments:

  1. Ethiopia? I feel like I am never up to date on your life. Its probably my fault. Good luck 2012. I have a feeling I will like this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bali? Ethiopia? Graduating? Sealing? Sounds like it's already an amazing year with even better things to come! Please keep us updated =o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good things are coming to you! What an exciting life you lead! So excited to meet your new bambino once it happens. Please keep writing, i wanna know about your 2012!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds so exciting Taylor. All good things going on. I'm impressed on how you guys go out and live your life, take chances, and accomplish your goals. I'm sure it's difficult and has it's fair share of road blocks along the way, but I'm inspired by your go get'em attitude. Not many people I know dare to go live the life that they truly want. You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you guys are always up to something exciting! I am so happy to hear 2012 is shaping up to be a good year for you. I second Jen's request to keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so great! So many good things!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go kick them butts. You rock. There are great things to come for you. 2012 is going to be YOUR year. You're still in my prayers, and I hope your adoption will be final soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO when are we having the Pierces WE'll miss ya but you're coming back so its all good par-tay?!
    lets plan...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes. You need to document what you have gone through... this last year and a half. It must be done.

    ReplyDelete