Thursday, January 26, 2012

The story of Grif. {PART 4}



Holding him was celestial.

I couldn’t stop staring at him. I couldn’t believe he was here. He made it.

Eventually, Chris took him, and I just sat and soaked up this new part of my family.


Finally, we all three laid him on the bed, and unwrapped him. We stood back as M carefully investigated each finger, each toe.


She was trying to memorize him now.


He was perfection.


This was her boy. Our boy.


The next couple days were fast and slow all at once. Each day, we only went to the hospital when we were called upon; understanding time was a delicate orchestration, as our hearts intricately danced with the reality that was gratitude, and impossible loss. For us, that meant giving M all the time in the world she wanted with him. He needed his M at this time, and that is a role in his life that I could never replace. She gave him life.


This was her time.

And I could not forget.


When Thursday came, we headed to the hospital to bring our boy home. The boys were bouncing off the wall in the waiting room, as we sat, and waited... An hour or two went by, when we finally got our call: She was ready.

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures on each post!

    I loved this: He needed his M at this time, and that is a role in his life that I could never replace. She gave him life.

    This was her time.
    And I could not forget."

    ReplyDelete