Tuesday, April 24, 2012

An important date.

Well, it's all coming down.

WEDNESDAY.
Chris takes his final comprehension exam. This is the final step for graduation (can you hear the glory-hallelujah bells ringing??). He is basically studying every second he has for it, because it's a Pass/Fail test. And if he fails, he doesn't graduate. Or something. Maybe they chop of a limb? I don't know.

SATURDAY.
This place we call home is slowly dissolving in front of our eyes! We have been selling away our belongings on Craigslist; this makes the process of showing the place to potential occupants, really humorous, "And over there, where the nice picnic blanket is laid out on the floor, is where you would eat... and that pile of clothes on the ground is a great place to put a dresser." All other things that we've deemed "can't live without" (like our beds) are getting packed up nice and tidy (and certainly last minute), loaded onto a moving truck, and dropped off into a storage unit.

Crazy.

MONDAY.
Chris is an old man, and needs knee surgery. So, after fighting and fighting with our insurance and pathetic physician that was out to prove a point (that I'm sure what??), he has finally been approved to go under the knife! He had his MRI done last week, and today the doctor verified his ACL is in fact: gone. So, he will have his knee cut open, patellar cut out, and put where the ACL should be. Sounds wonderful, no? Happy recovery, my dear!

THAT FRIDAY.
WE FINALIZE. WE FINALIZE!! WE FINALIZE!!! I can't type that without feeling like I'm going burst from my seams with tears and shouts of joy. I really get huge butterflies just thinking about it. I was driving to the park last week when our Attorney called and said, "Hey, I got you a court date!" as I held my breath, wishing, hoping and praying that it would happen before Chris left to Bali, it seemed like it took him ten years to say, "how does May 4 sound??" I think I gave him -.35 seconds to finish his sentence before I yelled into the phone, "YESthatsoundsamazingandthatisjustperfectthankyousomuch." More than certain, I'm going to be an exceptionally emotional fool that day. "Hey fool with the chocolate baby. You're finalized." AHH! Can't wait.

THAT NEXT DAY.
We are moving to Utah with essentially the clothes on our back, and few extras for when we pee our pants, let's be honest. Everyone keeps asking me if I'm super excited to move, and I usually just stand there, staring at them with my mouth wide open, and forget to blink. That's how I feel. We are doing some major uprooting; I'm just hoping that we can all swim, and not sink. The fact that I have some dear, dear friends waiting in Utah, really helps me to not feel like a dear in head lights. Party at Seven Peaks all Summer, ya'll!

Round two of crazy:

MAY 17th
My twin brother (and better half) is getting wedded!! We are all thrilled, and love his bride-to-be. I'm looking forward to having all of my family together again; these gatherings make our crazy existence worth it, no?

TWO DAYS LATER
Chris is graduating. Nothing like high-tailing it back to California, road trip style, to celebrate the rising tuition that we will no longer be paying. I'm actually very, very proud of my dear boy for graduating. He talks about getting a PhD, but for now, I'm happy, happy, happy, to say "thanks, now leave me alone", to higher education. We've been married for over seven years, and Chris has been in school for each glorious years. The boy done good.

It's worth mentioning that at some point this summer (I haven't bothered to look up the actual date) I will be receiving my Associates degree. Seeing how I started College when I was 16, and I am NOT 18, it's safe to say it's taken a little longer than expected; however, after attending 6 different schools (what? I was a hobo back in the day, bouncing around from school to school) and consolidating the various credits I've earned, I have managed to wrap it all up in a little package called an Associates of Science Degree. I have thoroughly enjoyed being in school this last year, and I'm grateful for my little family that has allowed me to do so.

ONE WEEK LATER
We get sealed. When I called to schedule our date in the temple, a five minute phone call turned into almost a half hour long conversation with the patron on the other end of the line. She started sobbing, telling me how lucky the temple was to have our little family with them that day; she was thrilled that we have an angel in our family, and that we found our youngest little man through adoption. Needless to say, that was one emotionally exhausting phone call, where I felt uplifted and grateful. grateful.grateful.  There are not really words for the way I feel about taking our family to the temple, and I'm sure I will talk about it much more as it gets closer, so I'm going to leave it at this: We have a date. We are getting sealed. MAY 26

FOUR DAYS LATER
Chris hops on a plane and heads to Bali, where I will venture back to Utah as a single Mom, and begin the paper chase that will allow us to leave the good ol' United States with our newest member of our family.

Should be interesting.

5 comments:

  1. i teared up reading about that may 30th date. i'm so happy for you guys. love everything about this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO SO SO SO SO exciting!!!!! EVERYTHING!

    And also, we go to Seven Peaks LITERALLY every single day in the summer because it's walking distance! We go in the mornings before it's packed and get a shaded spot, then leave before the CRAZE of people roll in. It's great! Tell me whenever you're going and we'll get nice tans together!

    Also, I know the secrets to sneaking in snacks. We'll talk about it.

    xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you.I am so happy and excited in all of your adventures.Of course I am happy that you get to stay in Utah before you move to Bali. Darren and Aaliyah is going to enjoy having cousins around. See you soon sistah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm here in utah waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm counting down the MINUTES until May 26th!

    ReplyDelete