Monday, September 14, 2009

Labor Day Weekend


Your welcome for the bum shot. As we were riding I said, "Hey, I can see your bum". He said, "No you can't." He stands corrected.

What? So far behind. As usual.

Anyway, we celebrated labor. It as great.

We hopped on our bikes (oh ya, we bought bikes...that's another story), loaded up the kids, and off we went. By the end of the day, I'm sure we biked some 20 or 30 miles. Obviously, I'm being very accurate with my numbers... We just weren't headed anywhere, driving around our little area, discovering what we could.

Eventually, some where a long the way, we ended up at the Brewer's house. They are our good friends from Hawaii who housed Chris while we were in Utah during that stint over the summer. Try to say that sentence in one breath. Whew. Of course, they have important lives being a CPA at PricwaterhouseCooper and going to Optometry school---they weren't home. However, we did allow ourselves to take a dip in their pool.

After we tired out the boys, we were on our way again. We found some random Yard Sales, and enjoyed rummaging. I think I asked Chris 10 times before the day was over if we could please go to San Diego. He was good at reminding me that we needed to stay put for our own sanity; and it was good. It's nice to be our own family, doing our own things some times.
Ya know?

Sunday we went to church. We were introduced as new people in the ward.
Again. Again. Again.
(I think our third or fourth time. Whoops)

Then... we went to San Diego.

And we made it just in time for dinner.

After my boys declared their undying love to Doug-the-Dog (who I hate), we were out the door. You see, my children are Indians. And I purposely say Indian, and not Native American, because it's one of those politically incorrect statements that you can make when you are one of them. And because I'm white trash.
Ha.



Anyway, my albino children are actually registered INDIANS, through their father. Who knew, right? Anyway, it was due time we took them to "their people", and off to the Barona Indian Reservation we went. It was POW WOW TIME, BABY!!

And. My. Boys. Could. Not. Have. Been. Happier.


Oh my gosh! It was perfect! HA!! I don't think they blinked the whole time we were there. They were amazed!! Have you ever been to a Pow Wow? Like a real one? Not one you had in second grade, where you colored with crayons on paper bags... There is loud music, loud costumes, and loud dancing. It's all so... LOUD! Everywhere!!


And my kids may be white-haired-folk, but they got down with the rest of them! They love dancing, love singing (yelling), and LOOOOVED beating on the drums in the drum circle. It warmed my soul that they delighted in the experience.
Once their eyes were glazed over with exhaustion, we headed back to the Grandparents Casa.

They were in high heaven; to them, there is no great place then "Gwampas howwws", whether it be in Orem or San Diego.



We stayed up late(r) watching movies, cuddling, and eating wonderful junk food... just basking in the light of family and good food.

We love our family.



Monday was a full day extravaganza. We met up with our San Diego cousins and homies and headed to the beach. We got there at 9, and didn't leave until 3. After we said all our goodbyes, we headed up to the great North for one last pit-stop before home, and got our bar-b-que on.

We played in the pool.



Sat in the hot tub.



Ate homemade ice cream.


Swam some more.



Ate smores.



More ice cream.


Enjoyed our wonderful company, once again.
Then went home.



Our kids slept in until 11:00 am.
I think they were tired.

I know I've said this before, and I'll say it many more times to come, I'm sure. We have such wonderful friends that hail from my Husbands youth. There is a big group of these hooligans, and they are our life long friends. Over the years, it only seems to get better and better, as they (SLOWLY...) have gotten married, and pro-created. They are some of my very best friends, and I know we will have a life full of adventures for many years to come. It seems no matter where we go, we always end up back together, in one way or another.

3 comments:

  1. Oh gosh those two boys are so big now..We miss them sooo muuuucch, of course we miss you too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your life seems so fun, Taylor! I wish we were Chris's life long friends from his youth. I guess his friends from flight school will have to do. Btw, we have that same exact bike trailer and we LOVE it!! $35 craigslist. yay!

    ReplyDelete